The Dead Science "Monster Island Czars"
A Wu-Tang and comic book inspired album? Such is the case for Seattle, WA-based outfit The Dead Science, whose Villainaire release also marks the avant-pop band's debut for Montreal's Constellation Records. In much the vein of Xiu Xiu, songs on the album have a chaotic feel to them, with fractured guitar riffs, random bouts of frantic drumming, and vocals that truly sound pained as they discuss topics of fantasy, reality, drunken blackouts, and moral pragmatism. The contrabass on "Monster Island Czars" adds an extra layer of disorientation to the music. Listen closely for the aforementioned Wu-Tang and comic book elements.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player