Ponytail "Celebrate The Body Electric (It Came From an Angel)"
In support of their third full-length album, Ice Cream Spiritual, Baltimore’s spastic foursome Ponytail will tour the U.S. this fall alongside Brooklyn duo High Places. “Celebrate the Body Electric (It Came from an Angel),” the first single of this new album, places good old-fashioned nonsensical punk scream-singing – offset by low-key, chant-style backup vocals – amid epic builds and shrill ripping lead guitar solos like one might encounter in a classic rock anthem. Right when you think the song is about to call it quits (this happens twice), it just gets more awesome! The playfully contemplative babbling and hoots remain disconnected, while the guitars and drums accelerate towards madness and eventually drop you abruptly into silence. It is the musical equivalent of a “sugar high freakout.”
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player