Ponytail "Celebrate The Body Electric (It Came From an Angel)"
In support of their third full-length album, Ice Cream Spiritual, Baltimore’s spastic foursome Ponytail will tour the U.S. this fall alongside Brooklyn duo High Places. “Celebrate the Body Electric (It Came from an Angel),” the first single of this new album, places good old-fashioned nonsensical punk scream-singing – offset by low-key, chant-style backup vocals – amid epic builds and shrill ripping lead guitar solos like one might encounter in a classic rock anthem. Right when you think the song is about to call it quits (this happens twice), it just gets more awesome! The playfully contemplative babbling and hoots remain disconnected, while the guitars and drums accelerate towards madness and eventually drop you abruptly into silence. It is the musical equivalent of a “sugar high freakout.”
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player