Ohmega Watts "Eyes and Ears feat. Jneiro Jarel"
MC and producer Ohmega Watts’ influences, which range from funk and soul to Stereolab and Brazilian psychedelia, come out to play on his new album, Watts Happening. The first single, “Eyes and Ears,” begins with simple rich downbeats that rock heavily in place beneath the agile lyricism of Ohmega and Philadelphia-based MC Jneiro Jarel. As the song progresses, the rhythm begins to wrap dizzily around their well-timed words until you no longer know which is leading, the beat or the vocals. Into this danceable mix Ohmega has woven gunshots, distant scratching, and female back-up vocals that chime in like a quirky echo on key phrases. More on this erstwhile hermit can be found here. Lulu McAllister
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player