DreDay "Hey Boy"
DreDay's one of the co-founders of S.F.-based Solid Bump Records, which formed this year, and he's on an electro-meets-Bmore-meets-disco mission here. "Hey Boy" marks his debut single, and the track seems to be having an identity crisis of sorts. It could as easily be categorized as a relic of the '80s as it could be taken as part of the new guard of contemporary club music. Judging from this mix, such fence straddling appears to be what DreDay and Solid Bump are all about.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsMachinedrum Readies New Album for Ninja Tune
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player