No Kids "This Regrettable End"
Parenthetical Girls must be really excited about the release of their upcoming Tomlab debut, Engtanglements. The Portland-based three-man, one-woman outfit already leaked A Song for Ellie Greenwich earlier this summer. Now, the band has commissioned labelmates No Kids and Seattle's The Dead Science to do a couple covers of the band, both of which are currently playing on XLR8R.com. "This Regrettable End" finds No Kids adding a catchy drum machine beat under the original cut's dense orchestration, and vocalist Zac Pennington's smooth, melancholy voice seems well-suited to this new arrangement. If you're feeling this, also check the cover of "Young Eucharists" from The Dead Science. Photo by Sarah Cass.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- NewsLivity Sound Preps Remix Compilation Featuring Surgeon, Pangaea, and More
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player