No Kids "This Regrettable End"
Parenthetical Girls must be really excited about the release of their upcoming Tomlab debut, Engtanglements. The Portland-based three-man, one-woman outfit already leaked A Song for Ellie Greenwich earlier this summer. Now, the band has commissioned labelmates No Kids and Seattle's The Dead Science to do a couple covers of the band, both of which are currently playing on XLR8R.com. "This Regrettable End" finds No Kids adding a catchy drum machine beat under the original cut's dense orchestration, and vocalist Zac Pennington's smooth, melancholy voice seems well-suited to this new arrangement. If you're feeling this, also check the cover of "Young Eucharists" from The Dead Science. Photo by Sarah Cass.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player