No Kids "This Regrettable End"
Parenthetical Girls must be really excited about the release of their upcoming Tomlab debut, Engtanglements. The Portland-based three-man, one-woman outfit already leaked A Song for Ellie Greenwich earlier this summer. Now, the band has commissioned labelmates No Kids and Seattle's The Dead Science to do a couple covers of the band, both of which are currently playing on XLR8R.com. "This Regrettable End" finds No Kids adding a catchy drum machine beat under the original cut's dense orchestration, and vocalist Zac Pennington's smooth, melancholy voice seems well-suited to this new arrangement. If you're feeling this, also check the cover of "Young Eucharists" from The Dead Science. Photo by Sarah Cass.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player