High Places "From Stardust to Sentience"
High Places is found-sound enthusiasts Mary Pearson and Rob Barber, and for their self-titled debut album, the two utilized not just manipulated samples, but a boatload of instruments that range from guitars to Kalimbas (listen for the banjo too). This track manages an interesting feat, which is to keep the listener both relaxed and expectant, as tinkling bells and gently plucked guitars move over an off-kilter beat that constantly changes both rhythm and time signature. Suffice to say, the duo pulls this off with ease.
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player