High Places "From Stardust to Sentience"
High Places is found-sound enthusiasts Mary Pearson and Rob Barber, and for their self-titled debut album, the two utilized not just manipulated samples, but a boatload of instruments that range from guitars to Kalimbas (listen for the banjo too). This track manages an interesting feat, which is to keep the listener both relaxed and expectant, as tinkling bells and gently plucked guitars move over an off-kilter beat that constantly changes both rhythm and time signature. Suffice to say, the duo pulls this off with ease.
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureXLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with FaltyDL, Dekmantel, Randomer, and More
- NewsR&S Readies Debut Outing from Alma Construct, Streams Lead Track
- NewsThe Great American Techno Festival Announces Dates and Initial Line-Up
- XLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
XLR8R Downloads Player