High Places "From Stardust to Sentience"
High Places is found-sound enthusiasts Mary Pearson and Rob Barber, and for their self-titled debut album, the two utilized not just manipulated samples, but a boatload of instruments that range from guitars to Kalimbas (listen for the banjo too). This track manages an interesting feat, which is to keep the listener both relaxed and expectant, as tinkling bells and gently plucked guitars move over an off-kilter beat that constantly changes both rhythm and time signature. Suffice to say, the duo pulls this off with ease.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player