High Places "From Stardust to Sentience"
High Places is found-sound enthusiasts Mary Pearson and Rob Barber, and for their self-titled debut album, the two utilized not just manipulated samples, but a boatload of instruments that range from guitars to Kalimbas (listen for the banjo too). This track manages an interesting feat, which is to keep the listener both relaxed and expectant, as tinkling bells and gently plucked guitars move over an off-kilter beat that constantly changes both rhythm and time signature. Suffice to say, the duo pulls this off with ease.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player