The Dead Science "Young Eucharists"
The remixes keep coming from Portland-based outfit Parenthetical Girls. With their Tomlab debut, Entanglements, about to hit the shelves, the band commissioned labelmates No Kids and Seattle's The Dead Science to play a couple covers of the band, both of which are currently playing on XLR8R.com. While No Kids turned "This Regrettable End" into a dancey number with a 4/4 beat, The Dead Science's version of "Young Eucharists" is a more experimental rock affair, with reverb-drenched vocals and guitar chords that crescendo throughout the song. Fans of XIu Xiu, take note. Photo by Robert Newel.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player