Late of the Pier "The Bears are Coming (Emperor Machine Remix)"
The original version of this track says much in favor of the argument that Nottingham, U.K.-based outfit Late of the Pier isn't just another dance-rock foursome to be written off in the blink of an eye. In fact, the track is less dance-rock than it is experimental pop that explores the possibilities of both guitars and laptop-generated sound on an equal level, and it's fun too. Andy Meecham (a.k.a. the Emperor Machine) chose to focus on the more electronic side of things for this remix (hardly a surprise), stripping the vocals, upping the snares, slowing the tempo, and letting the whole thing ride to a grinding halt at the end. It's a much more haunting affair than something you'd throw on at an afternoon house party, but nonetheless shows off the band's versatility when it comes to the remixes. Photo by Jon Bergman.
- NewsSteffi and Martyn Announce Collaborative EP as Doms & Deykers
- NewsAirhead Preps New Single for Hemlock
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player