Late of the Pier "The Bears are Coming (Emperor Machine Remix)"
The original version of this track says much in favor of the argument that Nottingham, U.K.-based outfit Late of the Pier isn't just another dance-rock foursome to be written off in the blink of an eye. In fact, the track is less dance-rock than it is experimental pop that explores the possibilities of both guitars and laptop-generated sound on an equal level, and it's fun too. Andy Meecham (a.k.a. the Emperor Machine) chose to focus on the more electronic side of things for this remix (hardly a surprise), stripping the vocals, upping the snares, slowing the tempo, and letting the whole thing ride to a grinding halt at the end. It's a much more haunting affair than something you'd throw on at an afternoon house party, but nonetheless shows off the band's versatility when it comes to the remixes. Photo by Jon Bergman.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player