Kwaidan "Masaki (Excerpt)"
Mat Ranson, well-known for his work under his Fisk Industries moniker, diverges from his usual dubbed-out hip-hop styled productions for a slow, synth-heavy techno-meets-dubstep sound as Kwaidan, his one-off project stimulated by watching a movie of the same name by Masaki Kobayashi. In this slowly evolving exclusive excerpt from Masaki, hard-hitting drum programming coupled with a cavernous, multi-faceted low-end lays the groundwork for profoundly eerie, shrieking effects and spacey, dithering synths. The track is saturated with ethereal, textured sounds that create a paranormal sense akin to Kobayashi’s original ghost stories.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player