Who says techno can't have soul? If Dinky had her way, the whole genre would probably be populated with tracks like this one, which manages to sound emotional while still maintaining a minimal format. The key lies in the way she subtly sneaks in a synth line here, a minor chord there, and an understated loop of bleeps and blips that give "Mind" a rather hypnotic feel. No doubt the meticulous arrangements can be attributed to both Dinky's musical upbringing, as well as her stint with the famed Martha Graham School of Contemporary Dance, where every little move counts. Maverick Newberry
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player