Who says techno can't have soul? If Dinky had her way, the whole genre would probably be populated with tracks like this one, which manages to sound emotional while still maintaining a minimal format. The key lies in the way she subtly sneaks in a synth line here, a minor chord there, and an understated loop of bleeps and blips that give "Mind" a rather hypnotic feel. No doubt the meticulous arrangements can be attributed to both Dinky's musical upbringing, as well as her stint with the famed Martha Graham School of Contemporary Dance, where every little move counts. Maverick Newberry
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player