Little Jinder "Polyhedron (Black Holes Remix)"
A little while back, we predicted that Trouble & Bass signee Little Jinder–whose ethereal, melody-driven Polyhedron EP is something of an anomaly amid the label's pile of bass-heavy releases–would soon get the remix treatment. That time has now arrived. The T&B crew recently held a remix contest for the EP's title track, with winning tracks by Supra1, The Boys and Girls Club, Aumenaire, and our personal favorite, Black Holes. The latter slides a meticulously programmed beat underneath the original melody, then adds some trademark T&B elements to the track. Dark synth lines, deep bass, reverb-heavy vocals, and high energy reign here.
The T&B crew is compiling the aforementioned remixes, plus ones from label members Drop the Lime, Math Head, Goon & Koyote, and others, onto a 10-track release titled Polyhedron Remixed, headed for record stores in the near future. Jennifer Marston
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player