Little Jinder "Polyhedron (Black Holes Remix)"
A little while back, we predicted that Trouble & Bass signee Little Jinder–whose ethereal, melody-driven Polyhedron EP is something of an anomaly amid the label's pile of bass-heavy releases–would soon get the remix treatment. That time has now arrived. The T&B crew recently held a remix contest for the EP's title track, with winning tracks by Supra1, The Boys and Girls Club, Aumenaire, and our personal favorite, Black Holes. The latter slides a meticulously programmed beat underneath the original melody, then adds some trademark T&B elements to the track. Dark synth lines, deep bass, reverb-heavy vocals, and high energy reign here.
The T&B crew is compiling the aforementioned remixes, plus ones from label members Drop the Lime, Math Head, Goon & Koyote, and others, onto a 10-track release titled Polyhedron Remixed, headed for record stores in the near future. Jennifer Marston
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player