The Bug "Skeng feat. Killa P and Flow Dan"
We're not really sure what to call the music on The Bug's latest offering, London Zoo. Sometimes suited to the dancehall and at other instances fit for the darkest dubstep room, the album, as XLR8R scribe Matt Earp recently noted, "careens off in unexpected directions," but it's not erratically out of control. As with his previous work over the last decade, the man born Kevin Martin cements the various styles in place with a heavy helping of bass. Roll Deep's Killa P and Flow Dan helped out on the track "Skeng," which has already gotten the remix treatment from dubstep don Kode9. Here's the original, ready and waiting for the dancefloor. Or you could just catch it in the live setting, as Martin and Co. will be galavanting about North America through mid-December.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player