Eliot Lipp "Beamrider"
Having graduated from Prefuse 73’s Eastern Developments label, Brooklyn-based producer Eliot Lipp founded Old Tacoma Records last year, and his new, 10-song Peace Love Weed 3D is the first offering from the label. The album began as tape-recorded sketches of drum machine and synthesizer before being cut up, re-sampled, and enhanced with additional samples and live instrumentation courtesy of Guitar Ron (who Lipp met in the subway station near his studio). The result is a varied instrumental exploration of electro-funk, acid, fusion, and Italo-disco sounds. On “Beamrider,” stripes of piercing retro synth rotate in, followed shortly by a low-key beat that provides a canvas for additional subtle electronic decoration. Photo by Tod Seelie. Words by Lulu McAllister.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player