Drop the Lime "Hear Me"
Now hear this! New York buzz DJ Drop the Lime (Luca Venezia) has created an energetic 4/4 Chicago-house number in his latest single “Hear Me,” off the namesake EP. Almost-cheesy male vocals break into a pop moment that briefly trips into stripped dubstep before swinging back into full gear. The song finishes with whomping bass synths fluctuating on top of tinny, polyrhythmic hits of percussion and fake rock guitar. The EP also features remixes by ghetto-breakbeast Buraka Som Sistema and fellow New Yorker AC Slater. Lulu McAllister
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player