Onra "My Comet"
Vinyl junkie Onra likes to combine the best of hip-hop and soul from the distant past with findings from his travels to places like Vietnam, from where he takes his ancestry. Having recently released two Tribute EPs, with Quetzal, and a globally-inspired second solo LP, 1.0.8., the Parisian beat-head now offers hip-hop with Eastern influences on a split EP, My Comet/ Shhhhhhh, as installment #7 of the All City Beatstrumental Series. “My Comet” starts off with a demented voice introducing a tickled electro-soul tune that features a subdued, harmonic chorus line running throughout a low-key beat. Only an enthusiastic radio announcer breaks this comfortably ambling groove. Lulu McAllister
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player