Francois Virot "Not the One"
- Words: Jennifer Marston
A former drummer for noise-pop trio Clara Clara, Francois Virot ventured off into solo territory recently and, upon the September release of his debut album, Yes or No, proved you can do a lot with a simple palate of guitar, vocals, and hand claps. And while his songs might be minimal in structure, they're not lacking in the kind of quirky, spastic energy Virot needs to set himself apart from the dozens of other artists attempting to twist folk inside out these days. In what feels like a playful take on the whole genre, Virot delivers everything from melancholy ballads to spastic numbers in which he would appear to be treating the guitar as more of a percussion instrument than one merely made for strumming. As seen with this track.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player