Parts & Labor "Nowheres Nigh"
Brooklyn-based outfit Parts & Labor’s fourth full-length, Receivers, cleverly incorporates the hundreds of diverse audio samples sent to them by fans in response to questions such as “What are you afraid of?" and “What do your parents sound like?”, which the band posted on their websites last April. Far from the discord of bleeps, conversations, and crashes this sort of endeavor has the potential to be, the album is a richly constructed, mature pop-punk creation. “Nowhere’s Nigh” is the anthemic single off this catchy eight-track noise-punk offering.
Now on tour nationally, Parts & Labor has set up a toll-free number (888-317-5596) where fans can leave a message to be integrated into their live shows–call in to join the party. Photo by Tod Seelie. Words by Lulu McAllister
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player