Telefon Tel Aviv "The Birds"
It's been five long years since Telefon Tel Aviv gave us a full-length album. We're not sure what the New Orleans-based duo has been up to in the interim, but we were thrilled to hear the announcement about a follow-up to 2004's Map of What is Effortless, and even more elated upon hearing the new release. Immolate Yourself marks what would appear to be a growing disinterest in guitars and a newfound love of analog synthesizers for Charlie Cooper and Joshua Eustis. Which means you can expect a denser, more complex bundle of tracks come January 20, when the album drops. Tide yourselves over with this number off the new album in the meantime.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player