Telefon Tel Aviv "The Birds"
It's been five long years since Telefon Tel Aviv gave us a full-length album. We're not sure what the New Orleans-based duo has been up to in the interim, but we were thrilled to hear the announcement about a follow-up to 2004's Map of What is Effortless, and even more elated upon hearing the new release. Immolate Yourself marks what would appear to be a growing disinterest in guitars and a newfound love of analog synthesizers for Charlie Cooper and Joshua Eustis. Which means you can expect a denser, more complex bundle of tracks come January 20, when the album drops. Tide yourselves over with this number off the new album in the meantime.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player