San Franciscan indie-folk outfit Vetiver has shared the stage with Devendra Banhart and Joanna Newsom and won crowds over with a warm, poignant acoustic sound. Now, the band is preparing to release its fourth full-length album, Tight Knit, on February 17. “Everyday,” off this new album, is a low-key song with a pretty, retro vibe smacking of heroin-era James Taylor. Lead man Andy Cabic’s sweet crooning follows honest guitar strokes and, with a few casual shakes of the tambourine and some buoyant counter-guitar, the song fills out nicely. Lulu McAllister
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- MP3Shiva "Dark Moon"
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player