• Filed under: MP3
  • 01/20/2009

Theophilus London "Save"

Theophilus London is a soulful Brooklyn-based MC with a new mixtape album, Jam!, whose 20 tracks were produced by Machinedrum. The blaring horns introduce a glamorous beat and Londons’ serious reflections about the recent past and hopeful words for the future in this inauguration day special, “Save.” Female vocalists sing a straightforward chorus with with soulful sincerity: “The nation is fallen, looking for my hero./Can you be hero? Can somebody save me?/I’m just steady calling, looking for my hero./Can you be my hero? Can somebody save me?” President Obama, are you up to the task? Photo by TEXAS. Words by Lulu McAllister

Average: 7 (40 votes)

6 comments Save

h.e.r. (not verified) Wrote

Tue, 01/20/2009 - 14:58

Theophilus new mixtape drops jan 23rd! Great post.

Anonymous (not verified) Wrote

Wed, 01/21/2009 - 03:29

Simon (not verified) Wrote

Wed, 01/21/2009 - 14:06

Anonymous, you still haven't lost any of your ignorant cynicism after all these years? Machine Drum has always been an innovator with a sound that so many have been inspired by since. You need to do some homework.

Anonymous (not verified) Wrote

Wed, 01/21/2009 - 22:59

I think we all know who should be doing their homework.

c-dawg (not verified) Wrote

Thu, 01/22/2009 - 13:19

machinedrums work is straight up the best hip hop producer making beats right now.
"Anonymous "
what type of background in music do you even have saying some stupid shit like this

" God, Machine Drum's awful... he still doesn't have his own sound after all these years!?"

this shows how un educated you are and how much you think "YOU" know about this thing we call music. comments like that are laughable.. fucking amateur hour .... let me guess you think prefuse 73 is dope.. hahaha.. that dude is a fucking joke!

:Anonymous "do you know anything about song structure of composition.. ?? machinedrum could teach you a thing or two if you listened..

Anonymous (not verified) Wrote

Thu, 01/22/2009 - 13:24

machinedrum's production is what sets theophilus' mixtape apart from the rest