subtractiveLAD "Through the Trees"
Any good n5md artist knows well the importance of crafting tracks that are both sophisticated electronic compositions and emotionally evocative confessions, and no one epitomizes this practice more than Stephen Hummel under his subtractiveLAD guise. "Through the Trees" is the lead track off Where the Land Meets the Sky, Hummel's fifth album and another exercise in Eno-inspired ambiance.
Where the Land Meets the Sky is out now.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player