Odd Nosdam and Jel "Tune in an Afternoon"
- Words: Jennifer Marston
Amazing what a trip to the junk store can get these days. XLR8R armed anticon. co-conspirators Jel and Odd Nosdam with 40 bucks and challenged them to come up with a track in a single afternoon, made solely from records they found at a shop in West Berkeley, CA. The result, the aptly titled "Tune in an Afternoon" is a beat-heavy breeze—hazy, psychedelic, and perfect for a summer afternoon.
Watch XLR8R TV Episode 102 to see Jel and Odd Nosdam shopping, sampling, and discussing the creative process behind the track.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player