Odd Nosdam and Jel "Tune in an Afternoon"
- Words: Jennifer Marston
Amazing what a trip to the junk store can get these days. XLR8R armed anticon. co-conspirators Jel and Odd Nosdam with 40 bucks and challenged them to come up with a track in a single afternoon, made solely from records they found at a shop in West Berkeley, CA. The result, the aptly titled "Tune in an Afternoon" is a beat-heavy breeze—hazy, psychedelic, and perfect for a summer afternoon.
Watch XLR8R TV Episode 102 to see Jel and Odd Nosdam shopping, sampling, and discussing the creative process behind the track.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player