Chico Sonido "Antes Que Nadie"
Born in Mexico but currently setting up shop in Los Angeles, Chico Sonido is one of the names often bandied about in conversations about the ongoing cumbia explosion. After all, his bootleg remix of Blaqstarr and Rye Rye's "Shake It to the Ground" was one of the first Latin-flavored tunes to really blow up the whole Mad Decent/global bass blogger circuit. Yet those expecting another cumbia nueva floor filler might be a little surprised by "Antes Que Nadie," the first offering from his forthcoming debut album. The music is undoubtedly steeped in Latin sounds, but its psychedelic flavor, vintage breaks, and slow burn make this much more of a crate-digger exercise.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player