Casey Foubert & James McAlister "Bad Moth"
Culled from the third installment of Asthmatic Kitty's Library Catalog Music series, "Big Moth" is a jamming example of a hi-tech take on the old school hip-hop breaks aesthetic, replete with intense polyrhythmy, sudden tempo changes, and the sound of record hiss. Though Foubert is most known for his collaboration and engineering work with indie juggernauts like Sufjan Stevens, and McAlister is well-noted as a member of Ester Drang, the two have created a piece that would be well-suited to hip-hop and breaks DJs for years to come.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player