Redshape "Garage GT"
Analog enigma Redshape is finally presenting his long-awaited first full-length on the fledgling Delsin label. The Dance Paradox is a collection of dark, atmospheric techno that is certain to be blasting out of speakers during late-night sessions during the coming months. One of the record's strongest tracks, "Garage GT," features deep kicks, tight tech-funk percussion, high-frequency synth washes, and a propulsive bass. With a regally creepy synth line worming its way in front of police sirens during the track's middle section, the piece recalls slo-mo Detroit techno and Italian horror soundtracks. An exemplary slice culled from a faultless deep techno album, "Garage GT" will definitely get you doing your 4 a.m. shuffle.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player