Redshape "Garage GT"
Analog enigma Redshape is finally presenting his long-awaited first full-length on the fledgling Delsin label. The Dance Paradox is a collection of dark, atmospheric techno that is certain to be blasting out of speakers during late-night sessions during the coming months. One of the record's strongest tracks, "Garage GT," features deep kicks, tight tech-funk percussion, high-frequency synth washes, and a propulsive bass. With a regally creepy synth line worming its way in front of police sirens during the track's middle section, the piece recalls slo-mo Detroit techno and Italian horror soundtracks. An exemplary slice culled from a faultless deep techno album, "Garage GT" will definitely get you doing your 4 a.m. shuffle.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsListen to Another Track from Flying Lotus' 'You're Dead!' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player