Tempo No Tempo "The Rat (Part One)"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Borrowing equally from dissonant, late-'90s DC punk and more contemporary takes on sprawling indie rock, Tempo No Tempo's "The Rat (Part One)" bounces between tense rhythms and the pitter-patter of relaxed backbeats before resting permanently in tapestries of delayed guitar and crashing cymbals. The trio may wear their influences on their collective sleeve, but it's refreshing to hear this stripped-down and visceral sound coming from the fertile San Francisco underground.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
XLR8R Downloads Player