Tempo No Tempo "The Rat (Part One)"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Borrowing equally from dissonant, late-'90s DC punk and more contemporary takes on sprawling indie rock, Tempo No Tempo's "The Rat (Part One)" bounces between tense rhythms and the pitter-patter of relaxed backbeats before resting permanently in tapestries of delayed guitar and crashing cymbals. The trio may wear their influences on their collective sleeve, but it's refreshing to hear this stripped-down and visceral sound coming from the fertile San Francisco underground.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player