Emerging out of the hiss, a bright, four-note phrase repeated as lackadaisical percussion beats a lazy tattoo while low-frequency, almost bong-like gurgles simmer beneath it all. With secondary percussive elements, banjo, and cello incorporated into the piece as well, "Salvador" has the feeling of a Dirty Three track, only more stoned.
Lokai's Transitions is out now on Thrill Jockey.
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureXLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with FaltyDL, Dekmantel, Randomer, and More
- NewsR&S Readies Debut Outing from Alma Construct, Streams Lead Track
- NewsThe Great American Techno Festival Announces Dates and Initial Line-Up
- XLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
XLR8R Downloads Player