Emerging out of the hiss, a bright, four-note phrase repeated as lackadaisical percussion beats a lazy tattoo while low-frequency, almost bong-like gurgles simmer beneath it all. With secondary percussive elements, banjo, and cello incorporated into the piece as well, "Salvador" has the feeling of a Dirty Three track, only more stoned.
Lokai's Transitions is out now on Thrill Jockey.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player