Magnum 38 "Slave"
It takes something special to make interesting electro-house in today's jam-packed, ever-evolving electronic music environment, but Berlin's Magnum 38 has managed to do so in a big way. His latest EP is comprised entirely of noise-influenced electro that takes its emotional feel—not to mention plenty of samples—from the almighty doyenne of nightlife, Grace Jones. "Slave" utilizes cut-up vocal samples from "Slave to the Rhythm" above a crunchy, hissy beat and some surprisingly ethereal backing synths. Though some of Jones' fans might not appreciate the reworking of her clarion voice, many more are sure to be blasting this beast into the winter.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player