Mike Slott "23 Halfs"
For the next release on the up-and-coming LuckyMe imprint (whose upcoming parties with the UK's Citinite label we recently discovered), world traveler Mike Slott has crafted his first solo EP for the Glasgow label which follows his remix work for Flying Lotus, his collaboration with Hudson Mohawke, Heralds of Change, and many other notable projects. Taken from said EP, "23 Halfs" is a slow-moving number rife with space-noise, warbling bass, and a variety of influences from jazz to R&B. It's a short, tasty morsel of what's to come from a young producer with a seeming plethora of new ideas.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player