Mike Slott "23 Halfs"
For the next release on the up-and-coming LuckyMe imprint (whose upcoming parties with the UK's Citinite label we recently discovered), world traveler Mike Slott has crafted his first solo EP for the Glasgow label which follows his remix work for Flying Lotus, his collaboration with Hudson Mohawke, Heralds of Change, and many other notable projects. Taken from said EP, "23 Halfs" is a slow-moving number rife with space-noise, warbling bass, and a variety of influences from jazz to R&B. It's a short, tasty morsel of what's to come from a young producer with a seeming plethora of new ideas.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player