Mike Slott "23 Halfs"
For the next release on the up-and-coming LuckyMe imprint (whose upcoming parties with the UK's Citinite label we recently discovered), world traveler Mike Slott has crafted his first solo EP for the Glasgow label which follows his remix work for Flying Lotus, his collaboration with Hudson Mohawke, Heralds of Change, and many other notable projects. Taken from said EP, "23 Halfs" is a slow-moving number rife with space-noise, warbling bass, and a variety of influences from jazz to R&B. It's a short, tasty morsel of what's to come from a young producer with a seeming plethora of new ideas.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player