Roberto Carlos Lange "Amazonian Pacific"
Known to many as Helado Negro or as collaborator with Guillermo Scott Herren on Savath y Savalas, Brooklyn-based overachiever Roberto Carlos Lange has contributed his productions to Volume 5 of Asthmatic Kitty's ongoing Library Catalog Music Series. His 12-track exploration of elongated rhythms, warped analog effects, and found-sound collages, entitled Music for Memory, is a stand-up addition to the series' other installments (we previously shared tracks from Volumes 1 and 3). Here, "Amazonian Pacific" starts out like a warbled Flying Lotus b-side before it descends into rhythmic field recordings, vocal loops, and reverberated machine noise; returning occasionally to friendlier, head-nodding beats.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player