Universal Robot Band "Barely Breaking Even (Club Mix)"
Legendary disco-funk group the Universal Robot Band is perhaps best known for its break-out 1976 single, "Dance and Shake Your Tambourine," but the large URB crew produced a number of other singles before splitting up, including the epic "Doing Anything Tonight," which guarantees a packed dance floor whenever it's played. Part of URB's legend is intertwined with one of the most accomplished producers and remixers of the dance music era, John Morales. A remixer whose prolific output over the past 30 years has helped many people get on the floor, Morales has a new retrospective compilation coming out, The M & M Mixes, which features his extended club mix of this one-off from URB, who got back together to record the track in 1982. Though not revolutionary in its extension of the original, Morales' mix certainly allows Patrick Adams' synths to shine and gives LeRoy Burgess' voice more urgency, particularly in these times of infernal money trouble.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player