Universal Robot Band "Barely Breaking Even (Club Mix)"
Legendary disco-funk group the Universal Robot Band is perhaps best known for its break-out 1976 single, "Dance and Shake Your Tambourine," but the large URB crew produced a number of other singles before splitting up, including the epic "Doing Anything Tonight," which guarantees a packed dance floor whenever it's played. Part of URB's legend is intertwined with one of the most accomplished producers and remixers of the dance music era, John Morales. A remixer whose prolific output over the past 30 years has helped many people get on the floor, Morales has a new retrospective compilation coming out, The M & M Mixes, which features his extended club mix of this one-off from URB, who got back together to record the track in 1982. Though not revolutionary in its extension of the original, Morales' mix certainly allows Patrick Adams' synths to shine and gives LeRoy Burgess' voice more urgency, particularly in these times of infernal money trouble.
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player