Deniz Kurtel "Fall"
Brooklyn-via-Turkey artisan Deniz Kurtel has applied her classically trained music knowledge and years of experience working with sculpture to one of her first forays into electronic music production—a 10-minute epic of minimal techno set amongst a bubbling, ambient soundscape. Sounding something like The Field re-imagining Eno's Music for Airports, "Fall" is taken from her first solo release for the Wolf + Lamb camp, an EP entitled Whisper, and precedes a debut album to be seen next year on Crosstown Rebels.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player