Bell Orchestre "Water/Light/Shifts (Tim Hecker Remix)"
Montreal-based symphonic group Bell Orchestre are given the remix treatment from Tim Hecker, who manages to turn a rousing chamber-pop romp into a murky, washed-out, drowned piece of ambient music. High-pitched flute tones, soaring string repetitions, and snippets of bells are saturated by hiss reminiscent of Echospace or Burial, allowing for a melancholy, ineffable feeling that is quietly effective.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player