Bell Orchestre "Water/Light/Shifts (Tim Hecker Remix)"
Montreal-based symphonic group Bell Orchestre are given the remix treatment from Tim Hecker, who manages to turn a rousing chamber-pop romp into a murky, washed-out, drowned piece of ambient music. High-pitched flute tones, soaring string repetitions, and snippets of bells are saturated by hiss reminiscent of Echospace or Burial, allowing for a melancholy, ineffable feeling that is quietly effective.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player