NastyNasty "No Names"
- Words: Thomas Rees
- Photo: Clay G.
San Francisco's NastyNasty is one of the Bay's up-and-coming masters of bass, and on "No Names," he kicks it down with dark bass rumblings, synth blips, and some truly impressive polyrhythmic intensity. Though the genre can often get a bit tired, this track is particularly noteworthy because of a prominent Marvin Gaye vocal sample, which turns a well-done but standard bass track into a much more sentimental affair, with a resonance approaching that of Burial. Next month sees a new single on Frite Nite, featuring remixes from wonky leftfield bass producer Slugabed, among others.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player