Post-punk psychedelic warriors OOIOO have just released a new album, so they've offered this extraordinary piece as a little taste. Featuring a minimal vocal repetition, sex-funk bass, cock-rock guitar solos, and distorted exclamatory lead vocals, "OOIOO-OOIAH" is totally weird and addictive. Little synth bits come in here and there, while the track's live percussion keeps an organic feel that is most unexpected. Much like frontwoman Yoshimi's work with Eye and the other freakonauts of Boredoms, OOIOO sonically questions the boundaries between minimal/maximal, acoustic/electronic, and organic/synthetic.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player