Post-punk psychedelic warriors OOIOO have just released a new album, so they've offered this extraordinary piece as a little taste. Featuring a minimal vocal repetition, sex-funk bass, cock-rock guitar solos, and distorted exclamatory lead vocals, "OOIOO-OOIAH" is totally weird and addictive. Little synth bits come in here and there, while the track's live percussion keeps an organic feel that is most unexpected. Much like frontwoman Yoshimi's work with Eye and the other freakonauts of Boredoms, OOIOO sonically questions the boundaries between minimal/maximal, acoustic/electronic, and organic/synthetic.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player