Our man Del the Funky Homosapien has a career that spans two decades and 14 albums, the latest of which is Funk Man (The Stimulus Package). Ever the socially conscious artist, Del's well aware of our troubled times on the album, and he doesn't hold back discussing them. Bonus: the entire album is available for free right now.
Downloads - Page 568
In the words of Collision Course's press kit, "it's time to present a celebration of everything that is addictive, bass-heavy, mischievous, and downright funky." The compilation, mixed by DJ/producer Azzido Da Bass, gathers some of the best tracks to come off the Luscious Sounds imprint in recent years, including this electro-flavored free-for-all from Malente. Collision Course is out July 3.
With their latest album, Nuclear Evolution: The Age of Love, released yesterday, the SA-RA boys are ready to share the love, as well as another track from the album. This time around, Erykah Badu stepped in to lend some vocals to the L.A.-based band's jazzy, broken-beat number.
Three "Ps" best describe Explode Into Colors—post, punk, and Portland. The all-girl trio recently signed to Kill Rock Stars and is hard at work on a debut album. In the meantime, here's an instrumental saxophone version of their song "Paper." Photo by Stephen Sharrett.
The ghettotech psych-hipsters in NYC’s Lemonade have been active on the remix front as of late, with every track they touch turning to pure gold. With that in mind, the trio’s remix of this track from True Panther's resident chanteuse Glasser (a.k.a. Cameron Mesirow) is the most radiant nugget in the pot. Not included on the recently released Apply 12", this remix is exclusive to XLR8R.
Following a pair of exceptional remixes for Jens Lekman and Al Usher, Sweden’s Italo queen Sally Shapiro is the next customer in line to receive the remix treatment from DJ and producer Bogdan Irkük (a.k.a. Bulgari). The original was snagged from Shapiro’s upcoming sophomore release, My Guilty Pleasure, but this clubby, bass-driven remix grandstands as an ocean of sex appeal, with plenty of sultry synth work to go around.
Jahdan Blakkamoore's career took a radical left turn when he first collaborated with MC 77Klash and Matt Shadetek for "Brooklyn Anthem." The parties have reunited for this track, which is the first jam off Blakkamoore's forthcoming Bazooka Shot mixtape, which he made alongside Shadetek's Dutty Artz crew. Meanwhile, his Buzzrock Warrior album—a fusion of dancehall, dubstep, grime, and cumbia—will drop September 15.
- NewsDownload Damiano Von Erckert's 'Love Based Music' LP with a Remix from Motor City Drum Ensemble
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- MP3The Acid "Basic Instinct (Lapalux Remix)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Max Cooper, SBTRKT, Efdemin, and More
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player