After a six-year break, the Anti-Pop Consortium crew has reunited and will release a new album, Fluorescent Black, this fall via Big Dada. The group—comprised of Beans, M. Sayyid, Earl Blaze, and High Priest—has always been known for pushing the boundaries of hip-hop, and continues to traverse that particular direction here. Photo by Sarah A. Friedman. Fluorescent Black is out October 13.
Downloads - Page 570
Pissed Jeans is back with another album, its third full-length, King of Jeans. As with 2007's Hope for Men, the boys seem hell-bent on reviving the noisy hardcore sound with the new record. We can't understand a word being sung here, which is exactly what you'd expect from this guitar-shredding quartet. King of Jeans is out August 18.
Knightlife returns after a couple years of touring and remixing, and Cutters Records just announced the release of his second EP, the ambitiously titled ii. The release will contain two brand-new tracks as well as a remix of Knightlife's über-popular song "All Systems." Here's the disco-drenched "Crusader," off the new EP. ii is out now.
Veteran producer DJ Vadim returns after a tumultuous 2008, during which he went blind in his left eye, suffered financial and family traumas, and was diagnosed with cancer. He crafted U Can't Lurn Imaginashun while recovering from the latter, and many are calling it his best record to date. "Hidden Treasure" is the first single off the album. U Can't Lurn Imaginashun is out now.
On June 30, one of Brooklyn's finest, DJ Spinna will release Sonic Smash, and the new album finds the producer working alongside the likes of Elzhi, Phonte, John Robinson, and many other indie hip-hop figures. "Lyrics is Back" finds him working with New York-based MC Torae.
Texas isn't exactly what springs to mind upon hearing experimental hip-hop flavored with melodic electronics, but Lone Star State residents Rae Davis and Aether have made just such a track here, and there's more where "Drama Free" comes from. The two will release a collaborative EP later this year, though no name has yet been chosen for the project. Stay tuned for more details.
A new single, "Party in My Head," is on the way from Miss Kittin and partner-in-crime The Hacker, from their recently released album TWO. A few remixes will come packaged with the song, including this one, from Thieves Like Us. "Party in My Head" is out June 19. Photo by Vincent Flouret.
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- NewsCheck Out Voices from the Lake's Ambient Mix for Beats in Space
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player