Le Le "Disco Monster"
Sometimes, a vocalist can sound sexy even when singing totally laughable lyrics. Luckily, most disco isn't eloquent about anything except a desire to screw, so Le Le's "Disco Monster" isn't brought down by lines like "I'm a disco monster/A glitter hitter/I hit her, hit her/I'm a glitz dance-mitter". Instead, the track is a Morgan Geist-like run through late-disco synth sounds and a truly fat bass sound. Though the group's sound is most certainly a French thing more appropriate for Kitsuné, it wouldn't be surprising to find the DFA putting out a Le Le record in the future.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player