Etienne Jaumet "For Falling Asleep (Edit)"
The epic opener of Etienne Jaumet's Night Music is cut in half by Jaumet himself. The looped, occasionally acidy arpeggiations of the original are kept in place, as are the synthesized saxophone melody and the track's pastoral ending. Really, all that's changed is the length. Whether the edit is a nod to the dancefloor or those listeners with short attention spans, it is a welcome bit of editing from the French loop-master. For more on Jaumet and his influences, check this feature out.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player