Dave Huismans, who works under the monikers of 2562 and A Made Up Sound, has made a startling rise to the top ranks of dubstep and deep, dubby house within only a few years. As 2562, Huismans creates atmospheric dubstep that has as much to do with shuffling Detroit house and dub-techno as it does with the current Hyperdub roster. In front of a dusty dubstep beat, "Flashback" features a lush, two-note synth line reminiscent of Theo Parrish, spacy squelches, breathtaking polyrhythms, and synth flourishes that somehow recall Aril Brikha's first full-length. There's an undeniably organic sonic quality to much of Huisman's work, and "Flashback" is definitely not a departure from his oeuvre. Taken from his new album Unbalance.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsLes Sins Shares "Talk About" from Upcoming Debut LP
- NewsCheck Out the Video for Teengirl Fantasy's "Lung" Single
- NewsWatch the Animated Video for Lone's "Restless City"
- Real Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- Getting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
- Labels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- Labels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player