A Sunny Day in Glasgow "Shy (Ernest Gonzales Remix)"
San Antonio's Ernest Gonzales (pictured above) transforms the indie-pop sound of A Sunny Day in Glasgow's "Shy" into a track that floats in an ambient ether, then suddenly becomes a lo-fi take on drum & bass. With a catchy synth loop and Annie Frederickson's vocals hovering above it all, though, no amount of genre nostalgia can bring down the track's luminosity. For more on A Sunny Day in Glasgow, check out our feature on the group in our Philly City Special.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player