James Pants "Thin Moon"
There is an elegance to James Pants' compositions that rides beneath their funkiness. On "Thin Moon," the first single from his upcoming album, a spacey '80s synth loop is coupled with plucked strings, electric guitar strums, and ephemeral snippets of conversation. Coupled with Pants' high, melancholy croon, the piece maintains a graceful simplicity that is part Kelley Polar and part Dam-Funk. Lovely sounds for a lonely night.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player