Laberge "We Don't Know"
Vancouver native Laberge likely has a stack of Cassius and Daft Punk singles at home, but he probably also has a fairly large collection of West End Records' disco-house repertoire from the early '80s. Though many have claimed to be inheritors of the French Touch sound, "We Don't Know" shows that Laberge is in the running to be the genre's new prince. Recalling Room 5's monstrous "Make Luv," but with more strings and a less prominent vocal, the track sizzles with deep kicks and a funky little bassline. Is disco-house moving back to the club's main room? Time will tell, but with all of the fantastic disco being made right now, it seems likely.
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- FeaturePachanga, Pantha du Prince, and a Japanese Drone Dance: 10 Reasons We Loved MUTEK.MX 2014
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
XLR8R Downloads Player