Abe Duque and Blake Baxter "What Happened? (Max Cooper Remix)"
NYC techno don Abe Duque collaborated in 2004 with fellow producer Blake Baxter on the single "What Happened?," a veritable call-out of clubs and musical icons who dropped the ball somewhere down the line. Now, following the recent release of Duque's Don't Be So Mean album, the contemporary techno hit has been reissued and newly remixed by the UK's Max Cooper. Cooper's version trades the original claps and percussion elements for a stripped-down electronic bounce and glitches out Baxter's vocal through just about the song's entire six-and-a-half minutes.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player