Abe Duque and Blake Baxter "What Happened? (Max Cooper Remix)"
NYC techno don Abe Duque collaborated in 2004 with fellow producer Blake Baxter on the single "What Happened?," a veritable call-out of clubs and musical icons who dropped the ball somewhere down the line. Now, following the recent release of Duque's Don't Be So Mean album, the contemporary techno hit has been reissued and newly remixed by the UK's Max Cooper. Cooper's version trades the original claps and percussion elements for a stripped-down electronic bounce and glitches out Baxter's vocal through just about the song's entire six-and-a-half minutes.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player