The Juan Maclean "Accusations (Gavin Russom Remix)"
Leave it to Gavin Russom (a.k.a. Black Meteoric Star) to have one good idea and stick to it. On his version of "Accusations," one of many stellar tracks from The Future Will Come by fellow DFA compatriots The Juan Maclean, Russom re-records the original bassline using one of his homemade synths and doesn't falter from said melody throughout the song's entire 7-plus minutes. The track is taken from a recent remix collection commissioned by Scion A/V, featuring other reworks from Shit Robot, House of House, and XLR8R Artist to Watch Canyons, and stands as a strangely natural pairing of one of dance music's most pop-friendly acts with one of its more difficult to digest.
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsThe Great American Techno Festival Announces Dates and Initial Line-Up
- FeatureXLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with FaltyDL, Dekmantel, Randomer, and More
- NewsR&S Readies Debut Outing from Alma Construct, Streams Lead Track
- XLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
XLR8R Downloads Player