DJ Food "All Covered in Darkness (Mr. P Remix)"
Taken from The Shape of Things That Hum, the freshly-released second EP in a series of three by the shape-shifting DJ Food project (currently manned by Strictly Kev), Mr. P's remix of "All Covered in Darkness" sets out sounding like it's entering the Twilight Zone. However, as the chilly piano loop and booming, baritone voice fade away, an ominous organ melody (or maybe that's cello?) and cowbell-led breakbeat (though that could be a piano) overtake the song with the help of a somewhat indiscernible vocal loop—all before slowly bringing you back to the track's enigmatic opening sounds.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsSpectral Sound Announces New EP from Patricia; Hear a Track Now
- MP3HolloH "Laying Awake"
- MP3Liar "Key Party (Spurz 'Key Bump' Edit)"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player