DJ Food "All Covered in Darkness (Mr. P Remix)"
Taken from The Shape of Things That Hum, the freshly-released second EP in a series of three by the shape-shifting DJ Food project (currently manned by Strictly Kev), Mr. P's remix of "All Covered in Darkness" sets out sounding like it's entering the Twilight Zone. However, as the chilly piano loop and booming, baritone voice fade away, an ominous organ melody (or maybe that's cello?) and cowbell-led breakbeat (though that could be a piano) overtake the song with the help of a somewhat indiscernible vocal loop—all before slowly bringing you back to the track's enigmatic opening sounds.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player