DJ Food "All Covered in Darkness (Mr. P Remix)"
Taken from The Shape of Things That Hum, the freshly-released second EP in a series of three by the shape-shifting DJ Food project (currently manned by Strictly Kev), Mr. P's remix of "All Covered in Darkness" sets out sounding like it's entering the Twilight Zone. However, as the chilly piano loop and booming, baritone voice fade away, an ominous organ melody (or maybe that's cello?) and cowbell-led breakbeat (though that could be a piano) overtake the song with the help of a somewhat indiscernible vocal loop—all before slowly bringing you back to the track's enigmatic opening sounds.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player