railcars "Cathedral With No Eyes (White Rainbow Remix)"
The original of "Cathedral With No Eyes" sounds a bit like Rob Barber (from High Places and the Urxed) channeling Primal Scream at their most apocalyptic and noisy. How Adam Forkner (a.k.a. White Rainbow) turned this railcars piece into a spacey, blissed-out carnival ride is slightly beyond comprehension. Nonetheless, the original's near-industrial percussion becomes bouncy and playful, its strained vocals replaced by Forkner's trademark cooing, and its hissing distortion is toned down to a cool sonic wash that builds to a roar by the piece's end.
This excellent remix is taken from an upcoming digital and cassette release featuring Lucky Dragons, Panther, Former Ghosts, and others remixing "Cathedral With No Eyes." Look for that in February!
- NewsSteffi and Martyn Announce Collaborative EP as Doms & Deykers
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsAirhead Preps New Single for Hemlock
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player