railcars "Cathedral With No Eyes (White Rainbow Remix)"
The original of "Cathedral With No Eyes" sounds a bit like Rob Barber (from High Places and the Urxed) channeling Primal Scream at their most apocalyptic and noisy. How Adam Forkner (a.k.a. White Rainbow) turned this railcars piece into a spacey, blissed-out carnival ride is slightly beyond comprehension. Nonetheless, the original's near-industrial percussion becomes bouncy and playful, its strained vocals replaced by Forkner's trademark cooing, and its hissing distortion is toned down to a cool sonic wash that builds to a roar by the piece's end.
This excellent remix is taken from an upcoming digital and cassette release featuring Lucky Dragons, Panther, Former Ghosts, and others remixing "Cathedral With No Eyes." Look for that in February!
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player