DOOM "Gazillion-Ear (Madvillainz Remix feat. Kanye West as Khan)"
The Madvillainz Beat Crew might remain an anonymous cast of producers, but their remix of "Gazzillion-Ear" is anything but shadowy—the dusty, warm beats of J Dilla's original production are transformed into cutting stabs of bass, rim-shots, and a triumphant sonic atmosphere that nicely compliments DOOM's rich, confrontational rhymes. In a nod to the original's beat-switch, Madvillainz does the same, paying homage to one of the best beat-makers of our times.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player