DOOM "Gazillion-Ear (Madvillainz Remix feat. Kanye West as Khan)"
The Madvillainz Beat Crew might remain an anonymous cast of producers, but their remix of "Gazzillion-Ear" is anything but shadowy—the dusty, warm beats of J Dilla's original production are transformed into cutting stabs of bass, rim-shots, and a triumphant sonic atmosphere that nicely compliments DOOM's rich, confrontational rhymes. In a nod to the original's beat-switch, Madvillainz does the same, paying homage to one of the best beat-makers of our times.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player