Salvador Santana feat. GZA "Keyboard City (Dan Deacon Remix)"
- Words: Thomas Rees
- Photo: The Music Slut
Only a total genius nutcase like Dan Deacon could remix a remix and get away with it. Baltimore's most infamous party-starter makes GZA's take on Salvador Santana into a synth-drenched, vocoder-laced piece of hypnotism that almost begs the listener to smoke some heady weed and put it on repeat. With high-frequency whirs and GZA's voice panning throughout the track, it is difficult to even conjure the idea of the original, which was elegantly produced by The Hood Internet.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player