Freeway & Jake One "Know What I Mean"
From The Stimulus Package, Freeway's forthcoming follow up to his '07 sophomore release, Free At Last, comes "Know What I Mean," the Philadelphia MC's tribute to hood euphemisms. Assembled by Seattle's Jake One, the veteran producer behind the boards on the entire album, the track's beat centers around a constant organ melody, plucked guitar riff, and soulful vocal sample. It may not be the freshest idea, but the music works perfectly, as it allows Freeway's non-stop verbiage to take center stage amongst the song's varied instrumental elements.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player